Donating a bull for progeny of cows.
According to smrti regulation, the cow is the mother and the bull the father of the human being. The cow is the mother because just as one sucks the breast of one’s mother, human society takes cows’ milk. Similarly, the bull is the father of human society because the father earns for the children just as the bull tills the ground to produce food grains.
From time immemorial, in India, the Vedic tradition has encouraged an Agrarian based civilization. Bulls have always played a pivotal role in the Vedic Agrarian society. The Cow and bull are revered as the most sacred animal to Hindus, a fact that is evidenced by the dedication of several hymns and rituals, reverentially addressing it as ‘GOMATHA’ (divine mother cow) in all the sacred scriptures including Vedas and Puranas. ‘Gomatha’ is a symbolic representation of 33 crore Gods who are said to hold positions in various parts of a cow’s body. As a representation of the divine, all auspicious ceremonies and rituals involve the Cow and its produce. Everything from, milk, butter, ghee, curd, cheese, even the cow’s dung and urine are considered very sacred in Hindu Vedic tradition.
From the Vedic period to this day, gifting or donating bulls to deserving persons, was considered a very sacred act and a way to wash away all the sins, karmas and samskaras of the past births and present births.
The benefits of donating a bull are simply endless. There is no other donation comparable to donation of a cow and bull in this world.
Benefits / Purpose of Bull donation:
1. Paap Dhenu Daan: to get rid off sins.
2. Karj Mukti Dhenu Daan: freedom from debts
3. Moksha Dhenu Daan: for Moksha (enlightenment)
4. Prayaschit Dhenu Daan: for seeking forgiveness
5. Vaitarni Dhenu Daan: Bull donation during the last days of a person’s life for Moksha (enlightenment).
6. It helps in making a person pure and helps him in attaining the highest state of eternal bliss.
7. It is said that the Sun, Moon, Varuna, Agni, Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva salute the person who donates bull/cow benevolently.